Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alone

I’m standing in front of the window. In the dark. I can see light far away outside. People in their beautiful little houses, drinking, fighting, making love, who knows…
I’m holding a tea cup, half empty or half full, don’t really know, and I’m wearing one of your shirts. I was about to put it in the washer, when I realized it had your scent.
So I just got undressed and wore it. Allowing my skin to remember you, allowing my mind to wander and look for memories of you. Turned off the light and went to the window. Outside there’s a world that you are part of, so I’m looking at the world thinking like this, I’m actually looking at you. Because I just realized I will never have enough memories of you.
Eventually you’ll wander back to me … tipsy, at a late hour, making jokes that only you will understand, and I’ll be thankful that you came no mater how or what … and I’ll have trouble falling asleep, and I’ll damn the dawns for coming too soon….

No comments:

Post a Comment